DOUBLE THE TIGER,DOUBLE THE FUN. friday night NC report

TEXAS, LOUISIANA, MISSISSIPPI, ALABAMA SHARK FISHING; NORTH CAROLINA, SOUTH CAROLINA, AND GEORGIA SHARK FISHING; FLORIDA SHARK FISHING; AUSTRALIA AND SOUTH AFRICA SHARK FISHING; Padre Island, Matagorda, Bryan Beach, Grand Isle. Cape Hatteras, Cape Lookout, Emerald Isle, Murrels Inlet, Pawley's Island, Charleston, Edisto, St. Simons. Jacksonville, Daytona Beach, Key West, Sebastian, Palm Beach, Pensacola, Panama City. Australia and South Africa Shark Fishing. Tiger, Mako, Thresher, Hammerhead, Bull, Blacktip, Dusky, Sandbar, Sand Tiger, Great White, Lemon, Nurse, Blacknose, Bonnethead, Spinner, Finetooth.
NCSHARKER

DOUBLE THE TIGER,DOUBLE THE FUN. friday night NC report

Postby NCSHARKER » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:31 pm

Ok you all have waited long enough . Ok so Thursday night is when Justin and I caught my first big sand tiger. Well after that I just needed more .so Friday morning I went to the tackle shop really early to get another top shot for my 6/0 that had been shredded the night before. Well these 2 guys asked me what I was fishing for with the big reels . So I told them aaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllll about the land based shark fishing thing. As soon as I was don’t they both said “im in” and we made plans to meet them on the sand and they could get to see all this first hand. So that night Justin and I meet up with them and get on the sand at about 7:00 pm. We went back to the same spot that I had caught the big sand tiger the night before and set up and yakked out 3 baits. Well it was stupid quiet for about 4 hours not a click just us talking to the new guys about what this sport is all about. What happened next Justin and I just couldn’t grasp. Out of nowhere zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Justin’s rod goes ape $&^&^$% so he grabs it sets the hooks and it is on. Image he screams get the belt so I get the release bag and get the belt on him and he says “this is a monster fish man” just than all I here is another zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I look back and theres my rod and she’s going off. So I pick up ,set ,and now Justin and I are in to are first STUD DOUBLE HOOK UP!!!!!!! ImageNow as all this is going on keep in mind that we have other people on the beach with us that for 1 most likely thought I we where liars or crazy, and #2 didn’t have a clue as to what the hell was going on or what to do. So we are trying the best we can to guide them on stuff like the photos and what’s in the release bag and how to use it. All this while Justin and I are both hooked in to the biggest fish of are lives. So we start telling the guys that we met about how to grab this fish when it gets in the surf and there both looking at us like YEA RIGHT you want me to go where and do what with its tail. Well they didn’t have much time to complain because Justin’s fish was in the wash . I didn’t expect them to do it but they did great not a peep about it just ran in there grabbed it and dragged it on the sand like they had done it 100 times Image . So now its time for my fish and she’s in the wash to and again those guys were in and out with the tailing. So with both fish on the beach what Justin and I were looking at was amazing to say the least. 2 studs both bigger than the one I had the night before Image

. Well after some dental work and photos we got them back in ASAP and both fish lived to fight another day. Image

this was by far the coolest thing I have ever seen . Well that’s it I wanted to also thank the guys that helped us that night they did far better then I ever thought they would, and also to Justin for being a great friend and fishing buddy, it was super cool to catch these fish side by side with ya budd.

OK now as if this report wasent enuff for you I went back out last night with my girlfriend , my boss and his wife and yes i have another report for yall that you wont beleve. i will have that up in about an hour.

NCSHARKER & JUSTIN STEWART

misterlazybum
Steve Dressler
Steve Dressler

Postby misterlazybum » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:51 pm

Now thats what I call "THE BITE IS ON".... Congrats on the double hookup

lee tomasini
Lee Tomasini
Lee Tomasini

Postby lee tomasini » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:02 pm

thats awsome justin and jason school of land based shark fishing hands on skoolin,congrats :cheers :cheers lets see that next report

KevinP

Postby KevinP » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:36 pm

Dude you are smokin'!! Sandtigers have a lot of mass, too. Fun to land, I bet!

Thanks!
Kevin

Zapala

Postby Zapala » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:41 pm

Thats just nuts man! Congrats to you and Justin, a double header stud hook up!

Those are so beastly...ridiculously thick! Look at those teeth!

Congrats again!

Matt

NCSHARKER

Postby NCSHARKER » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:59 pm

Elite13 wrote:Man thats awesome. Congrats to yall. What was the length measurements?

im going to be honest with you i dont know. dude nothing can prepare you for something like this. its nothing but pure choas!!!!. plus it hard to get all that info when you fish like me and justin do. we are crazy about get it back in the water. if you can beleve it both of those fish were landed un hooked photod and released in about 1.5 minuts mabey faster.

SOS

Postby SOS » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:54 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

:cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lee tomasini
Lee Tomasini
Lee Tomasini

Postby lee tomasini » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:26 pm

NCSHARKER wrote:
Elite13 wrote:Man thats awesome. Congrats to yall. What was the length measurements?

im going to be honest with you i dont know. dude nothing can prepare you for something like this. its nothing but pure choas!!!!. plus it hard to get all that info when you fish like me and justin do. we are crazy about get it back in the water. if you can beleve it both of those fish were landed un hooked photod and released in about 1.5 minuts mabey faster.
tape it snap a close up with the digital camera along with your other photos after everthing has calmed back down you can go to the camera while drinking a "soda" and reflect on what the #$%&^%just happend. :lol:

NCSHARKER

Postby NCSHARKER » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:35 pm

yes yes i know . but god it was just crazy ya know. oooooooo well the fish are swimmin. mabey next time. but i know its easy to do. :?

lee tomasini
Lee Tomasini
Lee Tomasini

Postby lee tomasini » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:47 pm

NCSHARKER wrote:yes yes i know . but god it was just crazy ya know. oooooooo well the fish are swimmin. mabey next time. but i know its easy to do. :?
add in the tagging,total length measurment,fork measurement I can't imagine trying to do on two at a time you'd be running around like a crazy man :lol: :lol: :lol: release it and realise you forgot to get an avatar picture TO LATE :x

RipTide

Postby RipTide » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:48 pm

You NC boys are on fire!!! Way to go!! Awesome report, thanks for sharing! :Thumbsup

txredneck68
Dusty Jackson
Dusty Jackson

Postby txredneck68 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:50 pm

GREAT REPORT

allaroundfishin
TEAM SSC
TEAM SSC

Postby allaroundfishin » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:18 pm

Nice sandies you are wearing them out. keep it up.

sharkbait

Postby sharkbait » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:28 pm

Awesome double hookup. Thanks for the pics and report.

Sharkbait

TexasCityDave
David Fremont
David Fremont

Postby TexasCityDave » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:49 pm

Congrats on an unbelievable trip. You fellas are a fishing machine.

Great action shots. The sharks are simply beautiful. I don't care one bit what their taped measurements would have been. Ya'll caught a couple of brutes and swiftly got them back in the water. Thanks for super report.

redfishrunner
Surf Master
Surf Master

Postby redfishrunner » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:15 pm

:cheers MAN THATS INCREDIBLE!!!...DOUBLE HOOK UP...CONGRATS YOU TWO ON SOME FINE FISHING :cheers YOU GUYS ALSO DESERVE ALOT OF CREDIT FOR TAKING TWO OBVIOUSLY INEXPEREINCED GUYS AND TAUGHT THEM TWO THINGS... HOW TO ASSIST YOU IN GETTING FISH ON THE BEACH AND HELPING WITH THE RELEASE AND #2 ... YOU GOT THEM HOOKED ON SHARK FISHING....AGAIN...CONGRATS.

MIKE FROM DALLAS

Railroader

Postby Railroader » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:00 pm

You guys need to hire some off duty Firemen to keep the FLAMES off you... :lol:

That IS a monumental accomplishment, I'm proud for ya'll... 8) 8) 8)

Hammer Time
Shark Fisherman
Shark Fisherman

Postby Hammer Time » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:08 pm

:cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers
:tsf

WOW you guys have had a great week.
Congrats on all the hookups. I know you guys have paid your dues and now its all being returned.

HAMMER TIME

chase
Jetty Sharker
Jetty Sharker

Postby chase » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:19 pm

thats crazzzy :twisted:

bregier79
Brian Regier
Brian Regier

Postby bregier79 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:35 pm

Well done! Those are some very fine catches. Great pictures and write up...you all are ON FIRE :D

big jim

Postby big jim » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:47 pm

holy smokes you guys are killin it out there!!

FWM0103

Postby FWM0103 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:04 pm

Catches of a lifetime. Photographs that will live in your memory like it was yesterday for years to come. You guys are setting a standard most of us live for.

Congratulations and can't wait for the next report.

Krash

Postby Krash » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:12 pm

Awesome guys. Congrats.
I'm still laughing about the new guys and you having to coach them like that. I can just imagine what was going through their heads. :shock:
Gotta admire them though. They got it done.

RoboSharker
Rich Paxton
Rich Paxton

Postby RoboSharker » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:03 pm

Great sharks, awesome picture too.

I actually tried to guesstimate how long your shark was by looking at your palm on the shark. For comparison, I measured my hand which is 7.5 inches from wrist to end of middle finger. Then I measured your hand in the picture and it was roughtly 1/2 inch. Then I tried to estimate how long the shark was in the picture and it looked like around 7 inches (its hard to tell because the tail is wrapped behind your head). But just using that as an estimate (7.5 x 14 half inches), it comes out to 105 inches or 8 feet 9 inches or pretty close to 9 feet. Justin's looks pretty close to the same size.

But bottom line, those are two fine looking sharks. Thanks for the report.

Tbucketford429460
Tbucketford429460
Tbucketford429460

Postby Tbucketford429460 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:11 am

great jobs guys, your report and pictures were awsome

Return to “INTERNATIONAL LAND BASED SHARK FISHING FORUM”